Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wrap Heart Shaped Box

VS2010 Extension: zoom editor margin

VS2010 Beta2 is finally out. Hardly downloaded and installed, I've already written the first expansion for the new WPF code editor!



I was especially excited about the zoom function of the code editor. When I first opened VS2010, but I was slightly disappointed. On the left side of the code editor, there was only one combo box, by which you can adjust the zoom. From my experience with Office 2007, but I would like to have a slider with which I could zoom infinitely.



Fortunately

can adapt to the new WPF code editor in VS2010 at all corners and ends. Said and done, I wrote a custom "Margin" for the editor. A margin is an area in the code editor where you can place a WPF control. This is just one of many ways to adapt the code editor and expand.



who download the zoom editor margin and want to try directly can do so in the, or through the extension manager in Visual Studio.



The code editor without Zoom Extension




The code editor with Zoom Extension





in the next couple posts I explain how I created this extension have. There are many aspects to which I should like to address. Therefore I will not tell all before in this blog post.



Enjoy and stay tuned



Benny

0 comments:

Post a Comment